Week 26 (almost 27!)

Week 26 is almost up, but I felt like I needed to write some things down...for posterity's sake, of course. :) This week we had another ultrasound. It wasn't as long or as detailed as our 22 week ultrasound, but it was still good to see our sweet babies. Especially when they are growing so strong and healthy and right on schedule.

Emily weighs in at 2 pounds and 2 ounces, and her heart beat was 162 bpm. The ultrasound tech said she had chubby cheeks and a round belly! She was yawning and moving her mouth. She is in the anterior breech position. So unless she gets to turning upside down, it looks like we're going to have a C-section for sure.

Emily's face...I think she looks like an acorn.

Isaac weighs in at 2 pounds even and his heart beat was 143 bpm. Isaac's hands and arms were up around his face again. Isaac is transverse, which means he is laying longways across my tummy above my belly button. He doesn't "flutter" as much as Emily but when he moves, it's good strong kicks!

Yep...he's a boy. I don't why they give us so many of these shots. 
A sweet profile of Isaac. He's got that hand up by his face. I'm thinking he might be sucking his thumb.
He was like this at our 22 week ultrasound, too.
They move ALL the time. Especially when I get hungry. I guess they will love food like their momma does!! It's fun to watch Liz's eyes get big when she feels her brother and sister moving. And Brian loves to feel my tummy. We just can't wait for them to be here!

Isaac and Emily with their heads together.
On September 1, Mom threw us a mini shower. She had been buying baby clothes and accessories for more than a year. There were some things we had seen and a ton of fun surprises! Like Batman onesies and lots of hairbows for Emily. Our babies certainly will be spoiled by their grandparents!

In a week, we will have our friends and family shower, and I am so excited! I can't wait to see all of these amazing women who I know will be a big part in E & I's lives and just celebrate!

I've had a couple of rough days lately. My clothes don't fit as well any more, and I'm just really uncomfortable. Of course, my feet are still swollen, but now I'm short of breath and even slower than before. I strained a muscle in my groin so it makes moving around even more difficult, especially when I get up after sitting for a while or roll over in bed. But I'm trying to keep a smile on my face. It's still fun to see people's reactions when I tell them we are having twins. :) And knowing our babies are healthy makes it all worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts