Busy and blessed weekend

What a busy and wonderful weekend I had!

Most weekends I just lay around, relax and catch up on my sleep from the previous week. And while I did sleep until 10 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday, there was not much more relaxing than that for me!

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and I've been working on some fun goodies for the teachers at Kurth Primary. I'm serving as PTK President this year, and it's been a lot of fun. Most of these ladies I've known for years, so it's been extra special getting to spoil them this year. I haven't gotten to do as much as I wanted, so I'm making up for it this week. I spent all weekend making cute gifts for the teachers. I will post pictures at the end of the week. Don't want to ruin the surprise!!

The first gift of the week was a mix CD of summertime tunes! I spent 3 hours up at work burning 55 CDs. Time consuming, but hopefully worth it! I can't wait to hear the reactions from Mom.

On Saturday, Mom and I went shopping for supplies (which took forever!) Then I came home to work on a few of the projects, and then came to the office to begin burning the CDs. I headed home after B got off work. Then we had to pick up his step-brother's keys from the movie theater. By the time we got home and settled in for the night, it was already 9 p.m. We watched New Year's Eve (eh...) and went to bed.

On Sunday, I woke up with a terrible headache and missed church. I went up to the office for an hour to finish the CDs. Just as I finished, I got a phone call from sweet ML saying, "Melissa, will you bring me lunch? I'm starving!" :)

After a quick lunch, she and I hit the town. Ross, Orange Leaf, Payless and Walmart.

I finished up the last of my Teacher Appreciation gifts and then we dropped the munchkin off to spend the night at Gma and Gpa's house so we could go see the Avengers with our friend Daniel.








The movie was actually really good!!We laughed out loud in several places. The theater was packed but not in that annoying, "I wish everyone would be quiet so I can enjoy this movie," way. I usually don't like to see movies in a packed theater, but this was actually pretty fun.

Oops, I almost forgot!! Back up a little bit to Friday night. It was the annual Relay for Life. This is the third year that my dad has walked as a SURVIVOR! I cried as I watched him round the Lufkin Middle School track in his purple survivor shirt. So much good has come from my dad's diagnosis and subsequent remission from cancer. If he hadn't been diagnosed with cancer in June 2009, I probably wouldn't have moved home that October or met Brian for the second time a month later, and we probably wouldn't have dated and most definitely wouldn't have gotten married a year after that!!

It's amazing how God can turn something horrible into something so wonderful. Here's a few shots from Friday night!


Me and my survivor!! I love this guy. He has his glasses behind his back because he always says, "I look better without my glasses." haha


Love them both so much! I hope we get to celebrate this milestone for many years to come!

Comments

Popular Posts