So much to be thankful for...even the little things

I started this blog several years ago with the title, "Drinking from my saucer..." It's based on one of my favorite poems about drinking from my saucer because my cup has overflown.

Those words still ring so true and maybe even more so than a few years ago.

There truly is so much to be thankful for. Things I never thought to be thankful for. Things like:

1. naptime. I always loved a good nap, but now I'm thankful for my kids' naptime. It gives me the opportunity to rest myself or work or get things done around the house. I love the quiet peace of those blessed few hours of naptime.

2. my garage. It's been a cold and yucky winter, and I'm thankful that I don't have to load up my kids in the bitter cold into a freezing car.

3. dollar tree. sometimes I just need to get out of the house. Dollar Tree has always been one of  my favorite spots. I like to be crafty and find new things to keep my little ones busy. Dollar Tree is an affordable option for my creative outlet.

4. facebook. This one is controversial, but I love Facebook for what I think it was intended. To catch a glimpse into others' lives. I love watching my high school, college and Little Rock friends "grow up." To see them getting engaged, getting married, and starting their families has been so fun to see.

5. my formal living room. Brian and I had just completed the design of our formal living room when we got pregnant. This large space in our home was under-utilized but nice. Then the kids became more active, and it has turned into a play room. One with blocked off with baby gates for safety. I love having all this open space to let them roam and play.

6. sonic. What would I do without Sonic?! It's hard to get two kiddos out and about, especially when it's so cold outside. Sometimes we stay in our pjs and get in the car to make a Sonic run. It's a nice chance to just get away (because as much as I love my home, it can feel more like a jail cell some days.) It's also a sweet treat/surprise when my husband stops to pick me up something on his way home.

7. laughter. There is a lot of laughter in this house. With two 15-month-olds and an 8-year-old, the sweet sound of giggles is just the best sound in the world.

It  is all about the little things. Of course, I'm thankful for my warm house, my happy kids, my adorable husband, my loving parents, reliable cars, our jobs, my church family, etc. But sometimes we forget that these little things are what make life so beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts