Sweaters

Typically, I love the summertime. I love snowcones and sunglasses and sunshine.
What I do not love is more than 50 days with triple digit temperatures (and counting!) We long ago broke the 1998 record of 42 days in the triple digits. I'm miserable.

Every time you step out of the house, you sweat. Putting on make up is a joke. And getting in and out of the car all day is about to kill me. There's only so much water a woman can drink to keep from getting heat headaches. And there's only so much powder you can reapply.

So why would this blog post be called "Sweaters"...?
Because that's exactly what I want to be wearing. Not because I'm cold, but because I long to be cold enough to curl up in a fuzzy comfy sweater.

This weekend I went shopping, and the retails stores actually have the audacity to stockpile sweaters. It's August, for goodness sakes! And it's Lufkin! Who on earth would be buying these sweaters in this stifling weather.

Sadly, it only made me yearn for the enveloping material that is my winter wardrobe.

Please, sweet summertime, you have run your course. I know by mid-January I will be calling your name once more, but you have now overstayed your welcome.

Bring on the sweaters.

Comments

Popular Posts