Busy summertime

I am so ready for the next few weeks/months! There is so much going on, and all of it promises to be tons of fun with family and friends.

Starting with this weekend.

Brian and I are driving to Gladewater, Texas to see the last one of my three dearest childhood friends get married!! Rachel, Elizabeth, Briana and I will all be together again for the first time since my wedding! It almost makes me sad to think that this might be one of the last times that we will all be together again, possibly for a very long time. I have known these girls since I was a baby in the crib. (Elizabeth came around when we were 2.) We did everything together as children, and we have amazingly managed to stay in contact through the years. Even after I moved away when I was 10. We have all been in each others weddings, and Rachel is the last of us to get married. I can't wait to see this beautiful bride walk down the aisle! Tears for sure. It's hard to believe how much we've all grown up. There's this amazing photo of us at Elizabeth's 4th birthday in front of her parents' fireplace...I wish I had it uploaded. We re-created that shot on Lizzie's 18th birthday, and we try to get a similar shot every time we're together. I just love these girls so much. We're all pretty different, but each one is so special to me. (Side note: I'm also pretty excited to take a date to the wedding. I've never taken a date to a wedding before...and this guy is pretty handsome!!)



Lizzie's Rehearsal Dinner
Lizzie's Wedding

Lizzie's Bachelorette Party (Our standard "in front of the Newman's fireplace" shot!)


Briana's wedding day


My wedding & the last time we were all together


Besides, this is just a great chance for Brian and I to get away for the day and spend some time together.

Then on Sunday (Father's Day!), my precious nephews will be here and we're doing dinner at our house! We need to get some good use out of our new pool, and I know the boys and Liz will have a blast. I've missed those little guys!

The following weekend, I'm roadtripping with Amber to see our BFF LauraBeth and sweet baby Addi!! Laura and Brett are moving into their new house this weekend, so I'm sure we will be helping decorate while we're there...and of course holding that sweet precious girl!! :)

In July, I'm driving to Dallas to meet up with my sister-in-law so we can wing our way up to Tulsa for a Hughes family girls' weekend!! I can't wait to see all my cousins and for Melissa to meet our family!

Unfortunately that's the same weekend that the Dark Knight Rises comes out and Brian has been dying to go see it. So that means, the next weekend we are heading to Houston to the IMAX with Amber and Daniel to check it out!

I'm exhausted thinking about it, and really wondering when any laundry or grocery shopping is going to get done. BUT I know this will be an awesome summer and I can't wait!!

Comments

Popular Posts