It's Just Been One of Those Days

Ever had one of those days where you think it may have been better to just stay in bed?

Me, too. In fact, it started around 1:30 a.m. when Scooter started scratching around in his crate, and then I smelled something. He had gotten sick in his crate and was trying to cover it up with his blankets. Once I got him and the crate outside to clean it up, I smelled something worse. Our 80 pound lab, Rocky, had also gotten sick. This time on the floor in front of my closet. As my sweet husband slept peacefully through it all, (how does he do that?! :) ) I mopped up the mess, put new blankets in Scooter's crate and got the dogs settled back inside. Brian only woke up when I started spraying Febreeze in our room to rid the smell. He told me, "You got me wet! You did it on purpose." haha. Maybe I did. ;) At 2 a.m., no one is thinking clearly anyway, right?

I had to sleep on the couch because the smell was making my stomach turn over. Not very comfortable. Then, when Brian got up for his nightly snack, I woke up again.

Add on top of that a pounding headache.

By 7 a.m., I was tired, my head was hurting and I was more than a little upset. I love my sleep and don't like it to be interrupted. Especially since I had happily gotten in bed at 10 p.m. the night before so I could get lots of much needed sleep! (My mother keeps warning me to get over that before Brian and I start planning to have a baby!)

We were on time and out the door at 7:45 a.m. when I ran into the garage door. Luckily, there wasn't any damage to my Jeep, but our poor garage door was pretty crunched.

Sigh.

Needless to say, no one was very happy about this little incident. Mary Liz was late for school (a first for us!) and I was late for work. (So thankful for an understanding boss!!)

My dad came to fix the garage door (he is a MIRACLE WORKER), and by the time Brian and I came home for lunch, the garage door looked like nothing had happened. :)

Even in all of that, I try to find the good in every situation. Sometimes that is easier than others. But today, I was thankful for getting to spend my lunch hour with Brian where we aired out our frustrations and had a good laugh about it. I'm so glad I married this man. Despite the fact he might drive me crazy some days (trust me, that goes both ways. I know I bug him too at times!), we can always laugh about it later. We never hold onto things for long. We are both able to shrug it off and hug it out.

I always hoped God would bring a man like that into my life. Someone that could accept me the way I am and help me to loosen up about stuff. Sometimes I can be so uptight. Brian is a good balance in my life.

He is my good in every situation.

Comments

Popular Posts