How Good God Is

Sometimes I am reminded how good God is. And sometimes it's the littlest things that bring the best reminders.

Yesterday Brian and I decided to rip out all of the scraggly bushes in our front flowerbeds. It was certainly an undertaking. More on that later.

First we went to our favorite place in the whole world...(ok, Brian's favorite place)... Lowe's. We picked up a cute straw hat and gloves for me (it's easier to work when you know you look good!), soil and a Warren Pear Tree for our front yard. We don't have any trees in the front, which is just unnatural for East Texas. My parents have a pear tree in their backyard that has bloomed with the most beautiful white flowers this Spring, and that's what we wanted, too.

Brian was so excited that I offered to work in the yard with him. :) I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

We planted our little tree, which I am so excited to watch grow over the years. I always thought it would be a good idea to plant a tree in our first year at the house, and we so desperately need some shade in the front.

Our Warren Pear tree.

Next. The hard part.

Evidently the previous owner had tried to get some of the bushes out of the flowerbeds and then just quit. What we were left with was huge, deep flowerbeds with a few random bushes here and there. So we got to work pulling up the beasts. 8 in all.

As I was pulling, dirt flying, sweat pouring, muscles straining, I was reminded of what a great God we serve. The root systems for these seemingly small bushes were intricate and deep. It took us hours to get them all up. God knew exactly what those bushes would need to survive and He created these systems of roots. Winding, thick and deep.

God also provided me with what I needed. A sweet husband who pushed me to work harder than I had in a while, but also a man who continued to work when I needed a break. A man who went to get us the best glass of ice water I had ever had! A man who never gave up even when he had blisters on his hands.


God is in the little things. He's in the roots. He's in the beautiful, warm weather we had yesterday. He's in the grimy, dirty face of my adorable husband.

Thank you, God, for the little things.

Comments

Popular Posts