I am thankful for...

Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday. A few weeks ago, I told the the teenager taking out my groceries to the car that. He asked me why. I thought for a moment and told him, it's because there isn't any expectation of presents. Just the fact that the family all gets together, shares a great meal and spends time together. No shopping rush, no wrapping presents, no worrying if people will like what you get them. Just family time and good food. Plus the weather is usually nice.

Last year was my first Thanksgiving as a married woman. We had 3 meals with 3 different families in 1 day, and trust me it was a little hectic (and besides, we felt sick from eating so much food). But it was wonderful being with my family, new and old.

Lots of people on Facebook have been posting something they are thankful for every day. I wish I had gotten on the bandwagon because I am so incredibly blessed, and I really do have a lot to be thankful for. Here are some things I thought of on my drive to Huntington this morning. In no particular order:

1. My husband, of course. I could not make it through a day without him.
2. Living in Lufkin. I love that my parents are 2 minutes away and that my job is 4 miles away. I love how this community is founded on charity and philanthropy.
3. Mary Liz. She constantly makes me laugh and I am proud to be her step-mom.
4. My puppies who give constant love, even when they (by they I mean Rocky) chew up clocks, remotes and shoes.
5. My job. I get to meet so many new and interesting people every day.
6. Jessica. We've been friends since we were 10 years old. I love being able to see her every day at work.
7. My friends across the country. I miss my LR friends, my BFF LauraBeth and my Harding friends. But it's good to know what's going on in their lives through Facebook.
8. My house. We are so proud of the work we did and I love coming home to such a beautiful place.
9. Parking in the garage and heated seats in my car.
10. Saturday mornings when I get to sleep in.
11. Technology. I don't know how I would live without my cell phone, flat iron, GPS, computer, iPod, etc.
12. My parents. I love the fact that I can swing by and see them after work and that my mom and I can hang out just about any day of the week.
13. Sunday afternoon lunches with the family.
14. My nephews and my big brother. They are four of the most important men in my life. I love them so much.
15. My bed. Sometimes I just can't wait to get in at night.
16. My God-given talents and abilities.
17. My church family.
18. Cameras to help document the best moments in life.
19. The internet. What would we do without it?!
20. Health and happiness.
21. My extended family. It's pretty awesome to know there are people out there in this world who you may not get to see often, but who love you no matter what.

And the list could go on and on.

Comments

Popular Posts