One year

One year.
One year of laughter.
One year of smiles.
One year of hugs and kisses.
One year of foot rubs.
One year of going to sleep together and waking up together.
One year of holding hands.
One year of chores.
One year of watching movies.
One year of changes.
One year of joint checking/savings accounts.
One year of sharing.
One year of disagreements and making up afterward.
One year of dates.
One year of parenting.
One year of trips.
One year of family.
One year of inside jokes.
One year of taking care of one another.
One year of love.
One year of wedded bliss.

Being announced as husband and wife at our reception
October 16, 2010
We celebrated our one year anniversary on Oct. 16 in Galveston. We had four days off together, and after coming home from our short trip to the Gulf, we spent most of our time off at home relaxing and just being together.

On the beach in Galveston
October 16, 2011
During those few days off, I was reminded once again that I have to be one of the luckiest women alive. I get to spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful, caring, handsome man I have ever known. He really is my everything. He makes my life brighter, funnier and overall better.

It's hard to believe a year has already gone by. A year since wedding planning, living in separate homes and preparing for a life together.

And it has been a wonderful year. So much has happened since we said "I do."

• I officially became a step-mom
• We got a new car
• We got a new house (including 3 months worth of renovations)
• We added Rocky-dog to our family
• Mary Liz started kindergarten
• We've spent a year's worth of holidays and seasons together

Through it all, Brian was my constant. I knew I could always rely on his love and support no matter what came our way. It hasn't always been easy, but I always had security in our relationship.

One of my oldest and dearest friends told me at my wedding shower something that now makes so much sense. Lizzie told me that as much as I loved Brian at that moment, that our love would be even stronger and deeper after a year. How right she was! (As always!!) I feel more in love with that man now than I did on our wedding day. :)

Comments

  1. This is a sweet post Mel! I love it and I'm so glad that you are so blessed with such a great husband AND daughter! You are so happy, and that makes me happy! :) Loves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts