Ready for Fall

I am ready for Fall.

It's my absolute favorite time of the year. There's so much to look forward to:
cooler weather
football
sweaters and sweatshirts
pumpkin spice candles
mums on the front porch
boots
my birthday
Halloween
soup
bonfires
leaves changing colors
carving pumpkins
Thanksgiving
and now our wedding anniversary (October 16).

Most people love Spring when everything comes to life again following the bitter cold of Winter. But there is something peaceful about Fall. After a record-breaking summer with more than 50 consecutive days at 100+ temps, Fall was definitely something to look forward to. This year Brian and I will celebrate our second Thanksgiving and Christmas as a married couple. I can't wait to make our own family traditions. And I'm lucky to have so much family here in Lufkin with whom to share those traditions.

Today, I saw a love bug. If you don't know about these slow-moving flying bugs, they migrate through Lufkin in May and September. They mate while in flight, hence the name "love bugs." They haven't been too bad these last few years, but usually they come en masse covering cars and homes. They don't bite and are easy to kill.



It's just another sign that Fall is coming. Bring it on.

Comments

Popular Posts