33 weeks. Welcome to bed rest!

There is so much to update, but being true to my journalistic nature I'll try not to bury the lead and start with the most important information first.

This report comes to you from Memorial Medical Center-Lufkin, and unfortunately, I don't mean from the comforts of my 3rd floor office. I checked in on Sunday night and don't plan on coming home until the babies arrive. So here's the scoop. Sunday, B and I laid around the house all day. I just felt off - short of breath, tired, no energy and a little lightheaded. Around 9:30, I texted my doctor and took my blood pressure. Coming in at 157/107, we were told to get to the hospital immediately. I tried to remain calm, but we totally weren't prepared to get to the hospital much less stay for days and weeks.

We got to the ER around 10 p.m. and came up to Labor & Delivery.  The nurse hooked us up to a fetal heart monitor for each baby and a blood pressure cuff for me. We started some blood work and lab tests, and around 1 a.m. we were told that we would be staying the night. With nurses coming in and out all night and some not so comfortable beds, we didn't get much sleep to say the least. Mom and Dad showed up early Monday morning, and Brian went home to rest. I moved over to the postpartum wing of the Women's Center, and Dr. M showed up to let me know she wanted me to stay until Wednesday to finish out a preeclampsia test.

But this morning, she delivered the news that I wouldn't be leaving at all. I have mild preeclampsia, and we can't take any risks with the twins. Who, by the way, are doing great. They have strong heartbeats and good fetal movements. We are just worried about my blood pressure spiking and going into preterm labor.

The scary part is all in the timing. It's too early for them to come. They still need so much more time to grow and mature. So that's why we are just going to take it easy. Since I am 33 weeks now, I would like to go at least 2-3 more weeks. That would significantly decrease our chances of being sent to Houston or Louisiana. So now it's just a waiting game. I'm keeping a positive attitude, and I've already been so blessed with phone calls, visitors and flowers! It's made the day go by quickly. And we are just going to take this one day at a time. God is good.

Since I'll have some spare time, I'll post about the past few weeks in the upcoming days. Please keep us in your prayers!

Comments

Popular Posts