Loving Pregnancy...Kind of

I'm totally about to be one of those women you hate. The one you just want to punch in the neck.

I love being pregnant. Yes, I said it. I love being pregnant. At least most of the time.

It doesn't hurt that I love being the center of attention. So being pregnant has been a lot of fun. I'm constantly being asked, "How are ya'll doing?" I've experience more kindness, compassion and sincerity from people than I thought possible.

Of course, along with the kindness, at times, comes a rudeness, which really surprised me. I have NOT liked it when people tell me, "Oh my goodness, you're so big." or "You sure have a long way to go." No kidding, people. Or the fact that people think they can tell you how to live your life. "Don't eat that." "Don't move that." "Sit down." "Put your feet up." And while those nagging instructions come from love, I'm sure, it's not been easy for me. Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person, that when you tell me not to do something, that's usually the exact thing I'm going to try to do.

During the first half of my second trimester, I felt so good. I had so much energy. I was still "cute pregnant." My clothes looked adorable. I wish I had taken more advantage of that time because I've really had to slow it down. During my 20th week, something just didn't feel right, so I went to see my doctor. Everything is just fine, but she told me that I really need to take it easier than I have been. That means really relying on my family for just about everything. No more cooking, no more cleaning. And to be honest, that's been really hard for me. I've always prided myself on being an independent woman whose job it was to take care of her family. But I am so overwhelmingly blessed by the help I've received from my parents and my husband. I don't know what I would do without them!

I'm at 21 weeks now, and I feel like I should be nearing the end of my pregnancy, not in the middle of it. I'm hot, tired all the time, my back aches, I can't sleep. And the swollen feet have not been too fun.

But I've been feeling the flutters of my two small children for a few weeks now, and that makes everything else just fine. My husband loves to feel my belly so he can figure out where Emily and Isaac are. He hasn't felt them move yet, and he's dying to! I really can't wait for us to share that moment together.

21 weeks

At this point, we have baby clothes in the closet and both cribs set up. But that's it. I'm starting to get a little panicky because from everything I read, we need to be ready to go by 28 weeks. Twins can come at any time!

One of the cribs with bedding! The other one has also been set up, but no bedding just yet.
Other things we've accomplished:
  • We are so blessed to find someone to keep the twins at our home! Our sweet neighbor across the street will keep Em and Isaac when I go back to work.
  • Our church shower and our friends/family shower have been scheduled.
  • We are registered at Target, Babies R Us and Amazon.com
  • Lots of baby clothes
  • We've gotten our swing, bouncy seat and stroller!



Comments

Popular Posts