Just a little update...

This has been a whirlwind year so far. I can't believe it's April already! Where has the time gone?!

Where to start?!

Mary Liz began softball a couple weeks ago. Her team is the Home Run Honeys, and, as of now, they are undefeated!! 3-0. Brian is the coach, and he has really loved it. It's cute to watch them both on the field. I am so proud!

After her first game. She was a little tired and grouchy at this point!

Her first at bat. She hit the ball and scored!


Love these two!!

Some of the team


Brian has been super busy with work, coaching softball and working on a new house that my dad bought to remodel. It seems like the man never sits down! :)

As for me, it's been a rough couple of months! On February 6, I was heading home from Austin with my Leadership Lufkin group when I started experiencing terrible pain. One of my classmates gave me some medication which knocked me out for the entire bus ride home. By the next night, I was in the Emergency Room for kidney stones. :( I was able to pass the stone a week later, and I thought the worst was behind me. I hadn't had a kidney stone in 9 years, so I wasn't expecting another one any time soon!

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case! The pain hit again Sunday evening, and I've been hobbling around in pain ever since. I'm so blessed to have my Momma who lives near by. On Monday night, I was still in a lot of pain, and Brian and Mary Liz had a softball game, so my Mom came to baby-sit me. :) She really is the best. I'm hoping to pass this stone soon, and be done with it all. I have given up cokes completely, and I have been chugging water for days!

We have experienced many blessings along the way this year. It's been a tough year for our little family, but we've really seen God working for good. I know he has great things in store for us this year. We can't wait to see what those things are!


**I'm working on a super special blog that I hope to post soon. It's about being a stepmom; something near and dear to my heart. :)

Comments

Popular Posts